😳 <– (that’s me blushing, which happens more often than not, often for no apparent reason) This is the first time I’ve been tagged for a meme. I tend to keep a fairly low profile, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d gone a whole year without being tagged. 😀
But it happened! At least, I think it did. There’s actually a few girls named Trish who love books too, and just ’cause their name is Trish, I’ve been lurking around their blogs. There’s this Trish who has a cat that looks eerily like mine. And we’re close in age. Seriously, kinda weird. The other ones I can’t find, so feel free to post them in the comments.
So this meme was started by Lisa at Books on the Brain and here ’tis (I’ve included the part that says I was tagged 😆 ):
I tag BOP and Trish! Anyone else want to play? Just link to your blog and/or comment here!
1. What book are you reading right now? Do you like it?
2. What was the last book you read on a plane?
3. What was the last book you read on a roadtrip?
4. What is the most unusual place you found yourself reading?
5. What books would you take to keep you occupied on a 2 week vacation to the beach?
1. Atonement by Ian McEwan. Right below this post is another post wondering why I seem to be the only one who doesn’t like it. But I got some encouraging words so I’ll be finishing it and then trying something different of his. Next up I have the His Dark Materials trilogy…oohh…I hope it’s good!
2. Shucks, do I remember the last time I was even on a plane? I’m so poor these days (which I assure you has nothing to do with the copious amount of books I buy, nothing, absolutely nothing), that I don’t even remember my last vacation. Oh yeah! I went to Vegas. And, um, I take a book everywhere (okay maybe that’s a slight exaggeration, but I can honestly say I take a book almost everywhere…I definitely refrain from taking them in to public bathrooms, since I try to be in ‘n out, and when I go out with friends, ’cause that’s just kinda rude), and on trips I always take way more than I’ll ever read. But to answer the question, sorry, I don’t remember what I took.
3. One of the Laurell K. Hamilton books. Trash that is oh so good and what a guilty pleasure it is! When I do go on a road trip, I take the current book I’m reading plus a couple of extras I pick out. Usually I’m forced to be social and the book has to be pried from my fingers so I don’t get near as much reading done as I would like on road trips, but fortunately for me I don’t get car sick when I read in the car…
4. Unusual place? Like at the top of Mount Kilimainjaro or something? Probably at work. I’ve been known to read at times other than my lunch hour. Of course, that’s never happened at my present job. 😀
5. Well, with my fair skin, I’d have to be sure to stay under the shade of a palm tree (or whatever), but even so, if I had to leave tonight, I would grab Atonement (I really have to dislike a book to not finish it), His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman (I bought the trilogy all bound in one book), and probably The Kite Runner. While I love to read, I try to spend my vacation sightseeing rather than hanging out in the hotel or on the beach, even if I am reading.
Okay, so I’ll tag just one person: Heather at Book Addiction.