Aaron at That’s the Book! tagged me for the Six Random Things About Myself meme (by the way, before you read on, I know this is technically a book blog, but this is really six random things about myself…I figure most of you know I like books):
- I like to “eat” chocolate milk. This is what I do: Pour myself a glass of milk, pour chocolate sauce in the glass so that the chocolate sauce falls to the bottom, grab a spoon and carefully gently dip the spoon to the bottom of the glass, grabbing a little bit of the chocolate sauce and the plain milk, eat and repeat. This is a guilty pleasure that only one friend (roommate) knows I do. Dave doesn’t even know I do this. Fortunately, he doesn’t read my blog.
- I collect vintage jewelry, vintage dresses, and vintage ties. I guess this is hand-in-hand with lindy hopping, but I absolutely love my collections. I don’t wear the vintage dresses anymore because they (alas) don’t fit, but I’ve whittled my collection down to about 75 dresses, none of which I can part with.
- I play D&D with my friends. Lame-o-nade, I know, but I play anyway. Actually, my friends invited me to play and I think my exact words were, “Um, yeah, I don’t think that’s really my thang.” Unfortunately, they were right, I was wrong, I do enjoy it and can’t believe I’ve hit this new low of geek-dom. I think that’s why I want to read Confessions of a Part-time Sorceress: A Girl’s Guide to the D&D Game (Dungeons & Dragons).
- My mom is not invited to my wedding. Shocking, I know! Even more shocking is that I really never think about her. I wish I had a (better) mom and I’m attracted to moms like dogs are attracted to foul smells, but I never think of MY mom. Maybe that’s why I have a plethora of mom-types invited to the wedding.
- I had to stop watching Charmed because I was too (as I like to say) “emotionally involved”. Each show would make me cry and I finally had to stop watching it. I hope to get back to it someday…
- I hate it when people use the wrong word or misspell words. Is it that difficult to learn the difference between there, their, and they’re? Really? Or when to use a or an? Or just to click spell check? I don’t mean the occasional mis-type or using texting lingo or slang or whatever. I’m talking about the (blog post) rife with misspellings and wrong words that makes my fingers itch to retype it and make it prettier and better. MY NAME IS TRISH AND I’M A WORDAHOLIC.
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you (hello, it’s me)
- Post the rules somewhere in your meme
- Write the six random things
- Tag six people in your post
- Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog
- Let the tagger (hello, it’s me) know your entry is posted
Okay, well, I guess that’s it. I’m outy-5 G.