Since traffic at blogs seems to be less than usual (due to the holidays, I assume), I thought it would be fun to celebrate Festivus, which is kicked off with Airing of Grievances.
If you’re slow to put two and two together, let me be a little more clear:
NO ONE IS READING THIS SO YOU CAN SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT.
Was that clear enough?
Shucks, this season is fraught with frustrations and disappointments and ill-thought-of gifts, so what better thing to do than to air our dirty laundry? I gave thanks in November for lots of stuff, so now it’s time to get a few things off my chest.
By the way, I won’t give you the link, but if you were so inclined to GO FIND A CERTAIN POST that I guest posted at my friend’s blog *cough*lisaatbooksonthebrain*cough*, well, you’d probably find out that whatever bad gift you get this year isn’t nearly as bad as what I got last year.
NOW! For things that have driven me batty…
- MY DOG. I know, this is like saying you hate your kid, but seriously, my first born poodle, the animal who watched more tears flow than any dog should, makes me crazy. I love him so much, but he incessantly barks when I come in until I give him attention (I’ve tried ignoring him…it doesn’t work), he’s a jerk and a bully to my other dog and cat, and he barks at Dave EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Dave re-enters the room. My dog has issues and could use a good therapist. The most recent dog trainer I took my dog to said very eloquently, “He’s a little piece of shit, isn’t he?”
- Other drivers. I’m only thirty, and almost every time I drive, I fantasize of ramming some other driver to show them what an idiot they are.
- It has been suggested in our family that we draw a name next year for Christmas. As if this will save us much money, seeing as how we’d be picking from a hat of FOUR PEOPLE. I can’t even go in to all of my irritations with this. But if you did want to poke around on Lisa’s blog…
- How is it that no one knows how to count back change properly?
- I have a co-worker who sighs as loud as she possibly can, around 10 times a day.
- This same co-worker butts into most conversations I have with people…we share a cubicle wall, and she can’t see people, but she’ll join the conversation anyway.
- I like this same co-workers, she just drives me batty sometimes.
- How is it that adults don’t know the meaning of TEN ITEMS OR LESS. I’m seriously going to say something to someone when I see them do this…I just haven’t thought up something witty yet. Suggestions?
Even though I wasn’t going to be thankful for anything, since this is all about airing grievances, I can’t help but think of my friend Ann Marie, my friend in real life!, who reads my posts, comments on them, and is the only real life friend of mine who takes the time to read my blog. Which, to me, means she cares even more about me, and I love that.
All my other bloggy friends? I heart you guys, too.
Okay, enough sappiness. Your turn! Air your grievances. Like I said, no one’s reading this, so have at it.