Last year, because blog traffic is slow around the holidays, I celebrated Festivus, which kicks off with the Airing of Grievances. Since only other bloggers are reading blogs around this time of year (’cause we’re crazy like that), it makes sense that we should get some things off our chest! Vent! Proclaim what is wrong with the world (or our families), so that we can start the new year with a clean slate ready for new frustrations.
I’ll go first.
1. Stupid people. They’re everywhere.
2. Chase. Ever since my mortgage was moved to them, I’ve had problems. Problems that take HOURS to fix. And happen again the next month.
3. Irv Sutley, an active atheist who went around to county buildings where I work and demanded stars and angels be taken off of Christmas trees. Ironically, this happened the day I returned to work from my appendectomy, and I thought I was going to burst my newly healed scar, I was so angry. Before you cry separation of church and state, read about the issue here and note, “He [Rex Grady, a Santa Rosa attorney who teaches constitutional law at Empire College School of Law] cited another Supreme Court case in 1984 in which justices ruled that a municipal government’s holiday display, which included figures of Jesus, Joseph and Mary, constituted a celebration of Christmas but was not an official endorsement of religion or a particular faith.” I got so angry over this I ended up writing a letter to my County Supervisor.
4. Drivers who get impatient when I wait for a pedestrian to actually reach the sidewalk.
5. My computer is dying a slow death and I need it to hang on until January. Come on little buddy!
6. Blogs that are JUST for product reviews. Seriously, who reads those blogs? How do they get any traffic at all?
7. I’ve got a fungus on ONE toenail that is hanging on for dear life.
8. The only pants that are comfortable right now are my really soft pajama bottoms. Unfortunately, they’re not appropriate for work. Yay for being *almost* healed, boo for having to look presentable at work.
And I know, we’re celebrating Festivus, not Thanksgiving, but I’ve just got to mention that I have the best blogging friends in the whole world. I won’t name names, but you know who you are!
What’re your grievances? Have at it, because no one’s going to read this anyway!