This week’s Booking Through Thursday question is:
We’ve all seen the lists, we’ve all thought, “I should really read that someday,” but for all of us, there are still books on “The List” that we haven’t actually gotten around to reading. Even though we know they’re fabulous. Even though we know that we’ll like them. Or that we’ll learn from them. Or just that they’re supposed to be worthy. We just … haven’t gotten around to them yet.
What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?
I’m hesitant to tell you because I think when I tell you the best books I haven’t read yet, y’all will be GO READ THAT BOOK NOW. But maybe that’s what I need. A swift kick in the butt. Because these books are at the very very top of my TBR pile, and yet, they’re like the red-headed step-child. They get no love from me.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Once and Future King by T.H. White
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
- HeartSick by Chelsea Cain
- Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Okay, I’m ready for it. Tell me that I must drop everything and read one of these books! Better yet, tell me in this poll.
What’s the best book YOU haven’t read yet? Let me know, and if I think you need it, I’ll berate you myself. 😉