I was approached by Digital Influence Group, a company that has teamed up with SONY Electronics Inc. to generate awareness around a new website called words move me. To generate awareness and excitement for words move me, they’re giving away a SONY Reader Pocket Edition to one of you.
Words move me is about connecting readers with the emotions they felt while reading a certain book. If I want to read an inspiring book, I can search that term and see what it brings up. (By the way, I DID search that term because I always want to be inspired, and found this: “I discovered Arty when I learned to read. He was a little fish who didn’t follow the crowd. When others swam this way, Arty swam that way. He also wanted to make a big splash in life. Arty inspired me to follow my heart, even when I had to swim alone.” The book is Arty the Smarty by Faith McNulty. That book sounds like a keeper. 😉 )
If you search “wow”, you’ll find this: “With little interest in literature, I was assigned One Hundred Years of Solitude. Wow! It ignited a passion for literature, unlocked my own creativity and opened my world to non-Western works leading to life enriching cultural exploration and adventures.” Doesn’t that make you smile? To know that One Hundred Years of Solitude opened up the world of books to someone? Doesn’t that make you want to go read the book if you haven’t?
If you search “hopeful”, you’ll find this about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith: “Since age 13, this has been my touchstone. The story of Francie Nolan growing up passionate, creative, hopeful-despite poverty and tragedy in the concrete in a Brooklyn tenement. It still thrills my heart. I even named my firstborn daughter Francie Nolan.” I don’t know about you, but I’ve just moved that book to the top of my teetering TBR pile.
I’ve had lots of emotional reactions to books. In fact, you could say that’s how I choose which books to keep! I went through my books and came up with several that I wanted to document how they’d made me feel. You can check them out in this cool widget. 🙂
SO! I’m sure you want to know how to win the SONY Reader Pocket Edition, right?
I’m going to make this really easy on you. Here’s the deets:
How to Enter:
- Answer this question in the comments section: What is the one book that you’re never able to forget and what was the emotion that that book inspired?
- One entry per person.
- Any entry that does not follow the rules will be disqualified.
- This contest starts on Monday, November 16, 2009 and goes through midnight PST Friday, November 20, 2009.
- Winner will be announced on Monday, November 23, 2009.
- SONY has empowered me to participate in this campaign and I have been compensated with a SONY Reader Pocket Edition™ valued at $199.99 (I got the pink one).
- No purchase necessary to win. Odds of winning are not increased by a purchase.